ATHENS, 10 May 2017 – The Hellenic Entrepreneurship Award and the business portal, epixeiro.gr, have formed a strategic partnership to highlight commercial efforts, ideas and initiatives in Greece.
The aim of this partnership is to enhance the role of entrepreneurship in the economic development of Greece, as well as to showcasing and advocating ideas and business practices which support successful entrepreneurship.
This year, epixeiro.gr will support HEA winners by providing them with a publicity platform on their established online portal which reaches a wide business audience.
In 2012, the Hellenic Entrepreneurship Award launched its annual award programme for entrepreneurship in Greece. Each year awardees receive start-up funding, mentorship and a wide range of business support services. The award is targeted at budding and established entrepreneurs whose business plans are focused on generating revenue and creating jobs in Greece.
The application submission period for this year’s competition has now completed and the winners will be announced in June 2017.Commenting on this new partnership, Alexandros Nousias, Director of the Hellenic Entrepreneurship Award, stated: “We are delighted to launch our partnership with epixeiro.gr, which enhances communication between the Hellenic Entrepreneurship Award and Greece’s entrepreneurial community. We believe in the power of collaboration and try to constantly enrich our network of supporters with partners who can contribute to the award programme and positively influence the progress of our winners. We look forward to working with epixeiro.gr.”
The founder of epixeiro.gr, Vangelis Chabilomatis, commenting on this partnership stated: “The Hellenic Entrepreneurship Award is a unique initiative which showcases and fully supports ideas and ventures that deserve to succeed. We believe that our partnership is a very important way to support new business ideas and activities. Our aim is always to align with the start-up and business community and promote people and initiatives that will move Greece forward.”
– Ends –
About The Hellenic Entrepreneurship Award:
The Hellenic Entrepreneurship Award was founded in 2012 by the Libra Group on behalf of the Hellenic Initiative, to support established and budding entrepreneurs by providing funding, support services and mentorship for start-up businesses. The Libra Group has committed €10 million to the programme which will help entrepreneurs in Greece to generate economic growth in their homeland. The award partners are Piraeus Bank Group which has contributed to the training and education of participants since 2014 through its subsidiary, Excelixi Center of Sustainable Entrepreneurship and the Australian based property investment and development company, Jalouise Pty Ltd.
Amongst the winners’ supporters are Antidote, Atradius, Intracom Telecom, Ioannis Vassardanis & Partners Law Firm, Lykourezos Law Offices, Microsoft, People for Business, Reed Smith, SAP Hellas, SATO, Onassis Cultural Centre, V+O and White Room.
Epixeiro.gr is all about knowhow, knowledge, solutions, and ideas around entrepreneurship. We are a market leader business portal that strives to deliver the best possible solutions in how to take your business to the next level, in being up to date and ahead of your market and by giving the right tools to excel in your business and career.
Whether you are a student, young entrepreneur, an individual interested in business, senior executive or a multinational company, at epixeiro.gr you will be inspired and motivated to be the best at what you do and will find everything you need to take the next step.
Epixeiro has won on two consecutive years the Best Business Website Award at the Digital Media Awards.
Past HEA Winners
1. Blueground (www.theblueground.com) – A technology-enabled chain of serviced apartments, houses and villas created by transforming existing residential properties.
2. Bubbllz (www.bubbllz.com) – A mobile application that rewards users’ social media posts and, via a web marketing platform, enables brands and vendors to promote products and services through user-generated content.
3. Raymetrics (www.raymetrics.com) – A company that aims to create a new, advanced and powerful 3D ceilometer for the aviation industry, aimed at providing additional data, essential for airports and meteorological agencies.
4. Yoleni’s (www.yolenis.com) – An online delicatessen that enables European and American customers to purchase authentic products from every corner of Greece. Soon to begin a chain of Greek gastronomy around the world.
5. Smart Guide – A wearable electronic mobility guide that senses nearby obstacles and obstructions for the blind and visually impaired. This innovative product will be produced in the facilities of “Lighthouse for the Blind of Greece” by employees who themselves have impaired vision.
6. Heliix (www.heliixinc.com) – A ground-breaking technology which converts thermal energy into electricity. The company’s first implementation of the technology, Phaethon™, is a device that can reduce a household’s annual electricity costs by up to 30%.
7. Anassa Organics (www.anassaorganics.com) – A company that produces and markets premium herbal teas and infusions, addressing Greek and global markets.
8. e-satisfaction (www.e-satisfaction.gr) – An independent platform that records e-shoppers’ entire online shopping experience from browsing through ordering to delivery – set to become a comprehensive e-commerce rating tool.
9. Open Circle (www.opencircleproject.com) – A web-based community/ platform, where visionary entrepreneurs present their business concepts in order to promote collaborations with prospective investors through equity crowdfunding.
10. RTsafe (www.rt-safe.com) – A medical technology company presenting a revolutionary approach to optimising the effectiveness of radiotherapy for cancer patients while minimizing the likelihood of harmful side effects.
11. Stella Mare (www.stellamare.gr) – A seafood processing and marketing business which is targeted at both domestic and global markets.
12. Casa Parlante (www.casaparlante.gr) – A “Living Museum”, depicting the everyday life of a noble family in a historic 19th century mansion in Corfu.
13. Different & Different (www.differentanddifferent.gr) – A innovative catering company and culinary academy.
14. Rabt (www.rabt.co) –A technology start-up that helps media companies to increase audience retention by automatically analysing preferences and recommending video and other content most likely to engage individual users.
About The Libra Group:
he Libra Group is a privately-owned international business group that controls 30 subsidiaries active in 35 countries across six continents. It is focused on six core sectors: aviation, energy, finance and diversified, hospitality, real estate, and shipping. The group is wholly-owned by the Logothetis family.
For more information, visit the website: www.libra.com
About The Hellenic Initiative:
Our Mission: Investing in the future of Greece through direct philanthropy and economic revitalization. We empower people to provide crisis relief, encourage entrepreneurs, and create jobs.
We are The Hellenic Initiative (THI) – a global movement of the Greek Diaspora.
Visit our website: http://www.TheHellenicInitiative.org/ , http://onegreece.org
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thehellenicinitiative
Follow us on Twitter: @THI_OneGreece
For further information, please contact:
Office: +30 211 75 01 224